Friday 19 March 2010

Illustrations for John Moores University

Hope

I've recently applied for John Moores Univerity and just recieved an interview. They have requested 3 different illustrations. The three words I have been asked to illustrate is: Hope, Noise and Balance. Apart from being given the words in which my illustrations are to be based upon, im pretty much free to do as I please. I think ill do something along the lines of typography.

I came across this idea in one of my previous illustrations in responce to Brave New World. I think the newspaper article layout works really well. The layout is definatley the strongest feature of the illustration. I'm not sure about the colours really as black and white isnt a very appealing way to illustrate hope. Looking back at it, I do not know the reason that I instinctivly sugested a monochromatic palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment