Thursday 6 May 2010

Modern Masters BBC1 9:00pm
Andy Warhol
Just watched an interesting documentry  about Andy Warhol. It was really interesting. However I do find Warhols idea, his personality, his identity much more fascinating than his actual work . Yet I know this may  seem a dismissive or ignorant comment to make, but in defence I find his work truly amazing, but as some may and have said Warhol himself was the greatest art he has ever created. He was a true showman, along with his Warhol suit and comical wigs and tinted shades. I mean he was once a normal guy out to earn a living, his mind set on becoming an artist, yet over night he became a style icon, a brand, Warhol, one of the most famous artists of his time, of my time. I mean at one time he sold his work for no more than 25 dollors, now his work sells for millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment